Friday, September 01, 2006

Vistancia Pool Building:


I was recently charged with designing a structure for the new master planned community of Vistancia in Peoria, AZ. It was a restroom, storage, gateway building for a community pool located at the end of their beautiful "Discovery Trail". I only had about two working days to research, develop a program, and establish a schematic design for the project. I visited the community taking pictures of the community buildings and getting a feel for the desert vistas and landscape where my building would exist. After a couple of hours of sketching over the site plan, I had developed three distinc forms, most utilizing a similar massing scheme of low roofed structure on either side of a large covered breezeway that provided a landmark for the site.

Lilly Pad

Butterfly Wing

Sunrise


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home